Endorsed by State Treasurer Young Boozer
In cooperation with Wells Fargo, BBVA, Alabama State Department of Education, Council for Economic Education, and the University of Alabama College of Human Environmental Sciences Department of Consumer Sciences
Welcome to the Alabama Personal Finance Challenge! Give your students a chance to demonstrate their knowledge of personal finance in a fun and rewarding way!
Competitions for Grades 6-8 and Grades 9-12
Grades 6-8: State Champion determined by online test
Grades 9-12: Top online teams invited to State Championship at The University of Alabama
The 2016 Personal Finance Challenge was held
April 13th at University of Alabama with
a surprise appearance by BIG AL!
- April 12, 2017 - The Alabama Personal Finance Championship. Top online teams in grades 9-12 invited to participate in onsite competition at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa to determine the high school state champion. Team travel stipends available. The winner of the high school Alabama Personal Finance Championship advances to the National Personal Finance Challenge.
- May 2017 - National Competition at Federal Reserve Bank in Kansa City, Missouri Hotel and Travel Stipend provided
- Teachers – Go to https://financechallenge.unl.edu/ to register for the Alabama Personal Finance Challenge and start creating your student teams. There should be four students on each team. No limit on number of teams per school. There is no registration fee.
- Each person on a four person team individually completes a 30 question online test. Test results are confidential
- Students - Study hard! The Alabama Personal Finance Challenge will test your knowledge of Earning Income, Protecting and Insuring, Spending, Credit, Saving and Investing